I have been blessed to have this incredible cream cheese frosting that forms a nice crust so it is ideal for decorating cakes. It tastes so good that i’ve been using this recipe more than any other frosting recipe i have.
Decorator’s Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter @ room temp
- 1 8oz bar cream cheese @ room temp
- 1 tblsp white vanilla extract
- 2 lbs shifted powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream together shortening, butter, and cream cheese until nice and smooth. Add vanilla into mixture and combine. Sift together sugar and salt, and slowly add to shortening, butter & cheese mixture. Make sure that all sugar is incorporated. Enjoy!
- *If to stiff of a consistency use less sugar but all the salt or gradually add milk to make the perfect consistency!