here’s a good one that can be refrigerated or left out at room temp for 2 days- it is also thick, so it will NOT ooze out or make your cake soggy. I was on the hunt for one to use in a large wedding cake that would be out for some time… Had some helpful info from JanH regarding the liquor addition, and viola! this is the result, love it and use it very frequently. Very refreshing, cuts the sweetness of the cake and icing.
Raspberry Puree Filling
- 1 12oz bag of frozen raspberries, thawed. (or fruit of your choice)
- 1/4 c granulated white sugar
- 3 TB cornstarch mixed withe equals parts COLD water to disolve.
- lemon juice- to taste
- 2-3 TB rasberry chambord (french liquor- preservative).
- thaw berries. puree them in blender. press though a sieve to remove seeds. place berry puree in a pot on the stove over medium/low heat. add sugar and disolved cornstarch. bring to a simmer, stirring constantly so you will not have lumps. once it thickens nicely, remove from heat. allow to cool. add chambord. chill for a few hours, then fill your cake. dont forget a thick icing dam!
- the chambord will not change to flavor as it is made from raspberries, herbs and honey.