easy recipe for a pound cake type cake.
Butter vanilla pound cake.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 package vanilla pudding
- 1/2 tsp. popcorn salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter or 2 1/2 sticks
- 2 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs. heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs. vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 6 large eggs
- preheat oven to 325 f.
- combine and sift flour, salt, sugar and pudding package. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- cream butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly, add 1 tbs. of heavy cream and beat hard for 30 sec.
- add the flour and 1 cup of heavy cream alternating between the two and scraping down the bowl at least 1 during this.
- add eggs 1 at a time making sure each is incorporated before adding another. Scrape down sides of bowl 1/2 way through.
- spoon into pans and bake until golden brown and cake springs back when gently touched.
- This is a dense and sweet pound cake. Goes very well with butter cream dream icing or any creamy icing. This a little sweet to cover with chocolate icing in my opinion but that is just what it is, my opinion!
If you have to even ask on pound cake, don’t bother! lol!