easy recipe for a pound cake type cake.
Butter vanilla pound cake.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 package vanilla pudding
- 1/2 tsp. popcorn salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter or 2 1/2 sticks
- 2 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs. heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs. vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 6 large eggs
- preheat oven to 325 f.
- combine and sift flour, salt, sugar and pudding package. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- cream butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly, add 1 tbs. of heavy cream and beat hard for 30 sec.
- add the flour and 1 cup of heavy cream alternating between the two and scraping down the bowl at least 1 during this.
- add eggs 1 at a time making sure each is incorporated before adding another. Scrape down sides of bowl 1/2 way through.
- spoon into pans and bake until golden brown and cake springs back when gently touched.
- This is a dense and sweet pound cake. Goes very well with butter cream dream icing or any creamy icing. This a little sweet to cover with chocolate icing in my opinion but that is just what it is, my opinion!
If you have to even ask on pound cake, donât bother! lol!
looks like a great recipe. I am making it today for my daughter's B-DAY. I'll let you know
I know you say, "If you have to even ask, don't bother", but I'm new to the site, and I haven't seen other reviews.
I tried this last night. 1st, you list sugar as sifted with flour and such, and you have it listed as creaming with butter ( I knew to cream with the butter, just letting ya know ;) ). You also don't have a baking time listed.
I baked 2-6" rounds. At 40mins, they were still raw. At 50mins, they totally caved in. :( I also baked a 9" square, and @ 50mins, it was done, slightly pulled from the sides, but also slightly caved in.
Just looking for some insight. :)
Mine caved in too. A longer baking time seemed to help (when I just tested with a toothpick, it totally sunk after I pulled it out, but then when I waited for the cake to spring back to the touch it did much better).
However, the taste is excellent! My DH and I didn't mind carving a little extra off the top. :)
I forgot to mention I measured it and the batter is 8 cups. And it also took my cakes much longer to cook than I expected.
Login To Leave A Comment