This is my version of this cake. I have made it twice so far and both times everyone went nuts about how good it was;-)
The coffee syrups really seem to make the flavor ‘pop’. I use a full cup because they are not extracts, so they’re not as potent.
Orange Creamsicle Cake
- 1 Orange box cake mix
- the oil it calls for on the box
- 4 eggs
- one cup flour
- one cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- one cup Orange coffee syrup
- half a cup of water
- one 8 ounce container of sour cream (the real stuff)
- Mix it all up, bake at 325 for 15 to 20 minutes longer than the box says.
- For the filling, I mixed one box vanilla instant pudding with 2 cups of whipping cream.
- For the frosting I used Rich’s Bettercream and/or Pastry Pride and/or Frostin’ Pride.
Hmmmm…..orange is good for ya, right???