This is an awesome recipe I just had to share from Cuisine at Home. It definitely is one of the best pound cakes I have made. It can either be served with a chocolate ganache or BC to give it that Almond Joy feel or a fruit salad. Either way is incredible!
Triple Coconut Pound Cake
- Butter for greasing pan
- 3 T. turbinado sugar (sugar-in-the-raw)
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. table salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut rum (like Malibu)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 8 1/2 x 4 1/2″ loaf pan with butter and turbinado sugar.
- Pulse toasted coconut in food processor until fine.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and ground coconut in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and blend on medium speed for a minute more.
- Combine milk, cream of coconut and coconut rum in a cup with a pour spout. Alternately beat dry and wet mixtures into the butter mixture starting and ending with dry mixture. After each addition, mix on low speed for 30 seconds then on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes. Then rotate the cake 180 degrees and bake for 30 minutes longer or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 5 minutes then invert on a rack to cool upside down.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!!
Try toasting the coconut in the microwave. Put 1 cup of coconut on microwave safe plate and cook on HIGH for 30 second intervals stirring the coconut after each 30 seconds. Depending on your microwave, the coconut will toast in 2 1/2 to 3 minutes!!
Would this work as a layer cake?