Very rich but SO delicious. Not for the calorie concious
Yummy white chocolate cheesecake
- For the base
- 2oz (5oz) butter
- 5oz (150g) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 10oz (300g) good quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 14oz (400g) full fat cream cheese
- 150 ml (¼ pint) double cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/Gas 3/ Fan 140C
- Grease and line the base of a 8″ (20cm) deep spring form cake tin with non-stick paper.
- 1. Melt the butter in small saucepan over a low heat. Stir in crushed biscuits and press evenly over the base of the tin. Chill in the fridge.
- 2. Break the white chocolate into a bowl and melt over a pan of hot water (do not allow the chocolate to become too hot), stir occasionally with a spoon until runny and smooth.
- 3. Whisk the cream cheese and eggs together in a large bowl until smooth, add soured cream and vanilla and whisk again until completely smooth with no lumps. Stir in the melted chocolate and mix together.
- 4. Pour in the tin and spread evenly over the chilled base. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes until firm around the edge and just set in the middle. Remove from the oven. Using a small palette knife run the knife around the edge of the tin and then allow to cool and chill.
- 5. Remove the outside ring and lift base onto serving plate.
- Dust with icing sugar & raspberry coulis
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment