Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. Everyone will think you bought it at a bakery!
Chocolate Mousse Cake IV
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for two 9-inch layers. Cool and remove from pans.
2 In a large bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate. Gradually stir in the water, then instant pudding until smooth. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
3 Remove the chocolate mixture from the refrigerator, and stir to loosen. Fold in whipped cream and return to the refrigerator for at least another hour.
4 Place one layer of cake onto a serving plate. Top with 1 1/2 cups of the mousse, then cover with the remaining cake layer. Frost with the remaining mousse, and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with fresh fruit or chocolate shavings.