I made this once for a family gathering and now everyone insists that it be at every gathering! It’s so easy; you use a box cake mix! For chopping the chocolate bars, I put them in the freezer, then hit them with a hammer while still in the wrapper
Chocolate Candy Bar Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 (1.5 ounce) bars milk chocolate candy, coarsely chopped
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 (8 inch) pans.
2 In a large bowl, combine cake mix, milk, eggs, oil and instant vanilla pudding mix. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4 To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the white sugar and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping, pecans and chopped chocolate. Spread between layers and on top and sides of cake.