This was passed down to me from my grandmother and can be converted for Passover or any time.
Passover or Anytime Carrot Cake
- 2 cups of flour (or cake meal)
- 2 tsp baking powder (or 1/2 cup potato starch)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- 6 medium carrots shredded
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups crushed walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Grease pan or line with wax paper (esp. for Passover). In large bowl, put mound of flour. Put eggs in middle of mound and use hand mixer. Slowly add remaining ingredients. Bake for one hour or until done.
- I a sure it would work with a KA mixer, but grandma didn’t have one in those days!