This is not my recipe. I found it on Food network. Yummy!! I think a Paula Dean, so of course it has to be awesome. But I thought I would pass it on for those Easter brunches coming up>
- Gorilla Bread
1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (12-ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon. In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat, stirring well; set aside. Cut the cream cheese into 20 equal cubes. Press the biscuits out with your fingers and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar. Place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each biscuit, wrapping and sealing the dough around the cream cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the nuts into the bottom of the bundt pan. Place half of the prepared biscuits in the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, pour half of the melted butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle on 1/2 cup of nuts. Layer the remaining biscuits on top, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar, pour the remaining butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of nuts. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Place a plate on top and invert.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment