Here is an easy yet sweeter whipped cream icing.
Whipped Cream Frosting (a sweeter version)
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream – ULTRA PASTEURIZED
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract… clear if possible.
- 2 tablespoons (up to 3) granulated white sugar
- It’s best if you can chill all your equipment, bowl, whisk, and ingredients for 30-minutes in advance. Just put all the ingredients in the bowl together, stir, and chill. If not, I’ve found that wrapping my whisk and bowl in the flexi cold packs works well while I’m getting everything ready. I then keep the bowl wrapped in the cold packs with a towel while mixing too.
- Remove bowl from fridge after chilling with all ingredients or place the whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar in a large mixing bowl (wrapped with cold packs) and combine, beating the mixture until stiff peaks form. You can add up to an additional tablespoon of sugar if a sweeter taste is desired. (I like it sweeter as I’m not a big fan of a blah whipped cream with no taste.)
- For Chocolate Flavor add: (this is in addition to the above)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- For Raspberry or Strawberry add: (this is in addition to the above original ingredients, not the chocolate flavor)
- 3 cups lightly sweetened raspberry or strawberry puree
- Let me know if you like it. I adapted it a bit (adding more sugar) from one at joyofbaking.com and thought it would make a good addition to the ones we had here at CC since I couldn’t find one I especially liked. Enjoy!!