I use this paste for all my flowers and figures
Flower and modelling paste
- 500 grams of fondant
- 2 teaspoons of Cellogen (or 1 teaspoon of CMC or Gum Trag)
- 1/3 teaspoon of raw egg white
- 2 teaspoons of Cream of Tartar
- Knead the fondant until soft.
- Sprinkle the CMC or substitute on your work surface and knead it into the fondant.
- Make a small well into the fondant and pour in the egg white, knead the fondant until well combined.
- At this stage you may need to rub a little copha or crisco onto your work surface to stop the fondant from sticking.
- Sprinkle the Cream of Tartar onto your work surface and knead into the fondant.
- Once all the ingredients have been incorporated give the mixture another good knead and triple wrap in plastic wrap and put inside an airtight container until you are ready to use it
- This paste is best left to rest overnight before use and will keep for months if stored correctly.