This is an awesome chocolate mmf that actually tastes chocolate. It’s also great for making black because its already dark and you need very little to get it black.
Rhond’as Ultimate Chocolate MMF
- 15 oz. mini marshmallows
- 2 T water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tsp light corn syrup (helps w/ pliability)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 to 3/4 C dutch processed (dark) cocoa
- 6 C confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1/2 C Crisco or vegetable shortening
** I have found that I have to use less sugar because of the cocoa.
- Grease microwave proof bowl w/ Crisco. Also grease wooden or heat proof spoon. Pour marshmallows and water into bowl. Microwave for approximately 2 minutes stopping and stirring at 40 second intervals. Mixture should be soupy.
- Take out of microwave and immediately add corn syrup, cocoa, lemon juice, salt and extract. Stir well. Sift confectioner’s sugar into mixture, one cup at a time. After approximately 5 cups, grease your hands well with Crisco and knead the mixture in the bowl. Add the sixth cup and continue to knead. Now grease your work surface well and turn mixture out of bowl onto counter and knead well. If mixture seems soft, add one additional cup of powdered sugar.
- Shape into a mound and put a coating of crisco on outside. Double wrap in cling wrap and insert into ziplock bag. Press air out of bag and seal. Allow to rest overnight, but, can be used after sitting for a few hours.
- Hope you like it!