I made this yesterday and I’m not going to make any other banana cake. This is the best.
Banana Pound Cake
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sourcream
- 1) Grease baking pan. Set aside.
- 2) In a large mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 3) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4) Stir in bananas & extract.
- 5) Combine flour & baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with the soucream, beat until just combined.
- 6) Pour into prepared pan & bake at 325 for 75-85 mins or until toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- 7) Cool for 10 mins before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- BON APPETIT
Two questions... 1. Do you think that I could make these as cupcakes? 2. Do you think it would work for me to cut this recipe in half? Thanks.
Login To Leave A Comment