This syrup is used to coat each layer of your cake before applying icing or filling
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flavored liqueur (ie, Amaretto, Raspberry, etc)
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Stop stirring, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add liqueur.
- Cool to room temperature. Will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to 1 month.
How much sugar do you use?
Equal parts sugar and water
Login To Leave A Comment