This is a doctored cake mix. It is super moist and tasty. I used 2 8Ã2â³ rounds, and they rose to the top. I made a banana cream filling that was very thick and creamy. It held itâs shape well, and didnât squish out all over the cake.
Banana doctored cake mix with banana cream filling
- 1 box DH white cake mix
- 1 small box banana instant pudding
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 bananas)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (normal milk can be substituted)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box banana instant pudding
- about 3/4 cup of half -n- half (more or less depending on consistency)
- 1 cup whipped Richâs Bettercreme (I used vanilla flavor)
- (heavy whipping cream can probably be substituted)
- FOR CAKE: Combine sifted cake mix and dry banana pudding. In a seperate bowl combine all wet ingredients. Pour dry ingredients into wet gradually, beating on low until combined. Raise mixer to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Divide between cake pans and bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- FOR FILLING: Prepare the bettercreme (or heavy whipping cream) to soft peaks (for bettercreme, this takes 10 minutes). Combine the banana pudding and half -n- half. This mixture will be very thick. Fold the whipped mixture into the pudding mixture and refridgerate. If you are using heavy cream, you may want to use less half -n- half (maybe 1/2 cup) with the pudding, and whip the cream to meduim peaks, or it may end up too thin.
- This made enough filling for me to fill between 3 layers (I torted both 8â³ layers).
- I frosted this cake with Fluffernutter frosting. YUM!
Yeah, I donât think Iâm going to even venture a guess here!
I just wanted to tell you that this has become one of my most requested cakes. It is SO good. I add crushed Nilla wafers to my filling and call it banana pudding cake and everyone loves it!!! Thanks so much!
could I make this a chocolate banana cake?
OMG, I tried this recipe today...and the cake was out of this world...this will be marked in my notebook as a favorite...It was easy...moist and tasted like it took hours to make...thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!!!!
I baked this cake for my son's 5th birthday, I iced with a chocolate ganache icing and then covered with MMF....EVERYONE LOVED IT!!! It was SO good!! If you love bananas anyway. :o) Thank you for sharing such a great recipe.
can I put a fresh banana for the cake.
I use this recipe for making banana pudding cupcakes and it is my most requested flavor! I am making an actual cake this weekend. Thank you SO much for posting this recipe ~ DELICIOUS!
with this filling, will I have to refrigerate cake afterwords. Also, what is riches bettercreme
what frosting would you use to top this wonderful cake off?
Made this for my son's 1st birthday cake and everyone LOVED it, I did two tiers and used chocolate buttercream for one and almond buttercream for the other. I didn't use the filling from the recipe instead I just took a tub of whipped cream and added banana pudding to it. The chocolate one was my fav cause it tasted like a chocolate covered banana.
You may need to refrigerate afterwards, although I have left it out without any trouble. Rich's Bettercreme is a non-dairy pre-made (or liquid that you have to beat into frosting consistency) icing. Rich's products is a Buffalo, NY company, and so I can go to the outlet store right at the factory and stock up. It freezes really well, and you can buy it either in pastry bags ready to use or in quarts. It is awesome! It has a very smooth, spreadable consistency.
I have frosted it with fluffernutter frosting, but it is really good with chocolate too! Also, putting strawberry filing makes it like a strawberry banana smoothie!
Thank you for all your kind comments!
Login To Leave A Comment