These cookies are great for using cookie cutters or shaping the dough. The do NOT loose the shape you give them. The cookies are also not overly sweet but just right, in my book! Enjoy and have fun creating a new shape cookie!
Kiddies Cookie Dough
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- **Assorted colored glazes, frosting, sugars, sprinkles, and small candies.
- ***If you want you can also add food coloring or gels to the cookie dough itself.
- 1..Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add sugar and beat until blended. Combine flour and salt in small bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture until well blended. Make sure you scrap the side and bottom of bowl.
- 2..Roll out cookie dough between two sheets of parchment paper, til about 1/4″ thick. You can put them in the fridge for a few minutes before moving them to another cookie sheet. The dough is very fragile before and after baking. Bake 6-9 minutes or until edges are slightly brwned.
- 3..You can decorate them with royal icing if you choose so.