This is a tasty cake. I just combined a few different recipes to come up with this. One lady told me it was the best birthday cake she ever had! It tastes really good with just a simple almond or vanilla buttercream. It’s best if you make it a day or two ahead.
Luscious lemon raspberry cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (small box) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lemon pie filling
- 1/2 seedless raspberry jam
- 1. Mix first six ingredients on low for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl and continue beating on medium for 2 minutes. Pour cake into desired pan and bake as directed on back of cake box.
- 2. Wait 10 minutes before removing cake from pans. When removed, immediately wrap with saran wrap (that’s a trick I learned right here on CC, it really works)
- 3. When cake is completely cooled, torte each layer in half. Fill the two torted layers with 1/2 cup lemon pie filling each, and the middle layer with the raspberry jam.