This is a moist, delicious, easy cake.
Double Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 package white cake mix (I use DH Classic White)
- 1 (3 oz) package Strawberry Jello
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup (+ slight overpour) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed strawberries (fresh or thawed, frozen)
Stabilized Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (if frozen, well drained)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour pans.
- Mix milk, oil and eggs until combined. Sift cake mix into mixing bowl. Add Jello and mix on medium until well blended. Add mashed strawberries and mix on low until strawberries are well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely. Torte each layer. On each layer, spread a layer of whipped cream frosting, sliced strawberries and more whipped cream frosting, so the strawberries donât come in direct contact with the cake. Frost with whipped cream frosting. Must be refrigerated. Serve within a day or two, or strawberries will seep into cake.
This cake is sooooo good, i found your recipe after getting a request for a Strawberry Shortcake like cake for a baby shower and I have to tell you it is a hit with everyone who tries it, I already have the baby shower cake ordered, I just sold 2 dozen cupcakes and now I have an order for 4 dozen cupcakes. Thanks alot.
I was also wondering if I could use this same recipe but instead of adding strawberry jello just add chocolate to the mix to end up with a chocolate cake.
Login To Leave A Comment