This is a recipe that originated with my Aunt Betty. My mom gave it to me after people started asking for lemon cakes where I work (she made one for me to take when I was living at home). That was 13 years ago and people still ask for the lemon cake!
Lemon Supreme ‘Pound’ Cake
- 1 Box Lemon Supreme Cake Mix (I use DH)
- 1 Box Lemon Jello
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 3/4 Cup Veg Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 TBSP** Lemon Flavoring
(**I use a tbsp but I just realized my recipe says tsp!)
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cup Conf Sugar
- *I make 2 batches of the glaze but not everyone will need that much. See directions below.
- 1. Disolve Jello in the 1 cup hot water and allow to cool a litle
- 2. Mix all other ingredients – then add the dissolved Jello
- 3. Pour into greased bundt pan & bake @ 350 for 45 mins or until done.
- For Glaze:
- Mix the lemon juice and sugar together.
- I prefer to make 2 batches of the glaze. The first I warm until thin; poke holes into the ‘bottom’ of the cake after you take it out of the oven (still warm and in the pan) – and pour over the cake. I then flip it out and use the 2nd batch (not warmed) to glaze the cake. The warmed glaze will be clear and the cold glaze will be almost white.