My dad was allergic to bananas unless they were cooked and so my mom came up with this recipe. It’s a family favorite. It makes a “cake” style cookie that freezes well also.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 ¼ Cups flour
- 1 Cup mashed bananas
- 2/3 Cup vegetable shortening
- 2/3 Teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- ¼ Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- Sift all dry ingredients together. In another bowl, cream
- the shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture. Slowly add the mashed bananas alternately with the dry ingredients. When blended, add the chocolate chips and gently fold. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 9-11 minutes (til lightly golden). Makes about 2-3 dozen cookies, depending on the size you wish.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment