A Great Aussie Dessert…A favorite at christmas.
- 5 egg whites
- 1 & 1/4 cups castor sugar
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 120.Celcius
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add castor sugar slowly and then salt.This should take about 7 minutes.
- Beat for a further 5 minutes until thick stiff peaks form.
- Beat in vanilla and vinegar then fold in cornflour.
- Spoon mixture onto a baking paper lined tray, shape into a 8 inch circle and pile high.
- Bake for about 1 hour and let cool in oven, with door ajar.
- When cool top with whipped cream and fresh fruit or your favourite crushed chocolate bar