This are a great fall snack. Easy to do. Recipe given to me by a friend who has since passed. A lovely recipe from a lovely lady!! Enjoy, they’re addicting.
Toni’s Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Bars
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- Optional 1/2 cup raisins
- Or ¼ cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
(In a hurry, top with canned cream cheese frosting after it cools)
- 1. Heat oven to 350*. Grease jelly roll pan, 15x10x1.
- 2. Beat all ingredients (except raisins or nuts) and frosting in large bowl with electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. (Optional -stir in raisins or pecans by hand). pour into pan.
- 3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- 4. Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low until smooth.
- 5. For bars cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. They keep longer when stored in refrigerator.