This cake is so dense and rich, but so yummy
* Use good quality chocolate
(sorry this is an aussie recipe)
Dreamy White Chocolate Mud Cake
- 200 mls water
- 250 grams white chocolate
- 250 grams butter / margarine
- 1,1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1,3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 125 grams melted chocolate (I prefer Nestle White Chocolate Melts, also good with Cadbury Dream)
- 125 grams butter / margarine
- Preheat oven to 150* Celcius
- Heat water, chocolate, butter and castor sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until combined. ( i dont melt chocolate fully)
- Sift flours together. Lightly beat eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Add all ingredients together and fold well. ( should still be a little lumpy if you dont melt chocolate fully).
- Pour into a deep 20cm cake tin and cook at 150* C for about 1 hour. OR use 2 smaller tins and cook for about 45 minutes. Test with a skewer to see when cooked. – Skewer will come out fairly clean.
- Wait until cakes have completely cooled in tin before turning out and ice or decorate to suit.
- To make icing -cream butter and castor sugar together then add melted chocolate. If the icing goes too hard pop it in the microwave for a few seconds.
Sorry cant help you there!
You may need to go to the dentist for this one
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment