Oh Yeah! Now I can make my own cake mixes just like the big boys! Adapted from a recipe on Top secret Recipes! by Sharon123/recipezaar
Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Cake Mix (DH copycat)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups superfine sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking power
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable shortening
To make cake:
1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir to combine. Add shortening, using eletric mixer on medium
- speed to blend the shortening into the dry ingredients. Completely
- mix shortening util no chunks are visible. This is the mix which may
- be kept in a sealed container for several months.
- 2. To make the cake:
- 3. Preheat the oven to 350*F. Grease sides and bottoms of two 9″
- pans, or one 9×13″ pan. Lightly flour the greased pans. Blend
- the dry cake mix (above) with water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl
- with the mixer at low speed until just moistened. Kick up the speed
- to midium and mix 2 more minutes.
- 4. Pour batter into pans and bake 30-33 minutes for the 9″ pans and
- 35-38 minutes for the 9×13″ pan. If you wish to make cupcakes,
- bake for 19-22 minutes.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment