This recipe is for the people who show up at events and don’t want cake. It’s very light and delicious and will have everyone who loves banana pudding (and even those who say they don’t) coming back for more. Be prepared to hand out copies of the recipe. No one will believe how easy it is to make.
Uncooked Banana Pudding – for those who don’t want cake
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 small package banana pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1-2 tsp. pure vanilla flavor (depending on taste)
- 1 (16 oz.) package vanilla wafer cookies
- 4-6 bananas, peeled and sliced (Use bananas that have some green on them — they’re firmer with less strings and hold up in the pudding for a couple days (if this recipe lasts that long))
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip (optional if you don’t want whipped cream on the top)
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, whipped topping, pudding mix, milk and vanilla. Use a wire whisk (or mixer) and combine well. In the bottom of a serving dish, put a layer of cookies, then a layer of pudding mixture, then a layer of bananas. Repeat until you use everything. Spread Cool Whip over top of pudding if desired. Refrigerate until serving. If you want to really drive them wild, do two layers of cookies/pudding and then the middle layer of bananas and then two more layers of cookies/pudding on top.
- This recipe is easily doubled, tripled or quadrupled for big gatherings. I’ve also made it without the bananas. It’s completely up to you.
Again, I won’t even go there.