Another wonderful recipe from Margie, the former owner of Little Bitts, an incredible cake decorating shop in Wheaton, MD.
Margie’s Incredible Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devils Food cake mixes (again the best brand to use)
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup Crisco oil
- 8 large eggs
- 1 small box chocolate instant pudding
- 1 small box cooked cooked pudding (it’s the kind that you would have to cook on the stove and is usually right next to the instant)
- 1 envelope Dream Whip (also in the baking aisle in powder form — normally comes two envelopes in a box)
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider vinegar (works better than plain vinegar)
- Combine all ingredients. Blend until moistened and then beat on medium speed four to five minutes. Bake in a 350 degree oven and depending on what size cake pans you use, check after 20 minutes. Cake is done when you can stick a fork in the middle and it comes out clean. Makes one 12×18 sheet cake or (4) 8″ or 9″ cake layers, (2) 13x9x2 layers or a lot of cupcakes. Freezes well.
I won’t touch it.