This wonderful recipe was given to me by Margie, the prior owner of Little Bitts, an incredible cake decorating store in Wheaton, MD.
Margie’s Lemon Cake Recipe
- 2 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Lemon Cake mixes (the BEST one to use)
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco oil
- 8 large eggs
- 1 small box lemon instant pudding
- 1 small box lemon cooked pudding (it’s the kind that you would have to cook on the stove and is usually right next to the instant)
- 1 envelope Dream Whip (also in the baking aisle in powder form — normally comes two envelopes in a box)
- 2 oz. Superior Lemon Flavor (usually found in a cake decorating store — I’ve made the cake without it in a pinch (don’t use the regular lemon flavor — it’s too strong))
- Combine all ingredients. Blend until moistened and then beat on medium speed four to five minutes. Bake in a 350 degree oven and depending on what size cake pans you use, check after 20 minutes. Cake is done when you can stick a fork in the middle and it comes out clean. Makes one 12×18 sheet cake or (4) 8″ or 9″ cake layers, (2) 13x9x2 cakes or a lot of cupcakes. Freezes well.
I don’t even go there.