This is a recipe from my Great-Grandmother. They are actually bars, but last time I made them I thought that they would make a great cake since it is actually “cake”. I thought this would be a great way to honor her, I miss her very much. They are very yummy and great for Thanksgiving time!
Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. oil
- 1- 15 oz. canned pumpkin
- Mix above ingredients and set aside. Sift the following and add to above mixture.
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/2 tsp.nutmeg
- Mix well and pour into greased and floured pans.
- *If making bars use 12×18 pan or 2 9×13 pans.
- *If making cake, I think 2- 8 or 9in. rounds would work. (I
- just kind of guess on which pans to use!)
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 3/4 stick of butter or crisco
- 1 Tbls milk or cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- Beat cheese, butter, vanilla and cream together until soft. Add powdered sugar until correct consistency to spread.
- Will freeze well.