I came across this recipe while looking to make holiday cookies. It is smooooooth and creamy and oh so yummy! IT CRUSTS TOO! Even still, once you snap that crusted shell, it is creamy smooth underneath. mmm mmm mmm!
I goofed with the first batch…wasn’t paying attention and used heavy cream…the cookies turned out good but not near as good as with the eggnog!
I hope ya’ll enjoy this as much as I do. )
Eggnog cookies with eggnog frosting
- for cookie:
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup commercial eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups confectioner sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup commercial eggnog
- for cookie:
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg…mix well. Gradually add flour…mix well. Divide dough in half. wrap well…and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll half of dough to 1/8 inch thickness…cut with floured cookie cutters. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Ice and decorate if desired.
- For frosting:
- In a small mixer bowl, beat confectioner’s sugarand butter until well blended. Gradually beat in eggnog until icing is smooth.
- ***Instead of using cutters, I rolled small balls then pressed my powdered sugar dipped finger in center. Baked as directed.
- ***For icing, I placed all ingredients in bowl and beat about 15 minutes, until it was FLUFFY.
UMMM well…I just don’t know.