This recipe appeared in a story for the 50th anniversary of boxed cake mixes. The Color Vision Cake, developed by the Betty Crocker Kitchens, uses the fruit gelatin powder of your choice to create a vibrant color and flavor. Recipe from General Mills.
Color Vision Cake
1 (18.25 oz.) package pudding-included white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons dry gelatin powder from small fruit-flavored gelatin;
- reserve remaining powder.
Reserved gelatin powder
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk, or more as needed
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (8-9inch) round pans, or use cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, except add the 3 tablespoons of dry gelatin with the water. (Reserve remaining gelatin for frosting.) Divide batter between pans. Bake and cool as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, beat reserved gelatin, butter and evaporated milk in medium bowl on low speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth. If necessary, stir in additional evaporated milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until spreadable. Fill layers and frost side and top of cooled cake with frosting.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment