This was a family favorite when I was growing up. You can use different flavors of Jell-O and make these in any shape you like depending on the holliday or occation.
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 ½ cups packaged shredded coconut
- 1 (6oz) package of raspberry or strawberry Jell-O
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- Green food coloring
- 4 oz slivered almonds
- ½ cup red-colored sugar
- ½ cup green-colored sugar
- In a large bowl, mix nuts, coconut, and Jell-O powder. Add condensed milk and vanilla. Work with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Pour water and green food coloring into a small bowl. Add almonds and mix until almonds are a deep green color. Lift almonds out of bowl onto paper towels to dry.
- Shape chilled Jell-O mixture into strawberry shapes, using about 1 teaspoon for each strawberry. Roll in red sugar and dip tops in green sugar. Place an almond in the top for the stem of the strawberry.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment