This is the best apple cake I have ever tasted! The batter is super thick, but don’t thin it…it will come out perfect as is!
Chunky Apple Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-pupose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced ( I used Empire apples & they were great)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- -Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- -Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in apple and 1 cup walnuts. Spread into a greased 13×9 inch pan.
- -Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- ****This cake is excellent with a cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with walnuts, if desired.****
This sounds very very tasty i cant wait to try it out!!! What is a good topping/filling for this cake?
I made this cake & served with a caramel sauce. It was awesome. Great recipe
Can you omit the nuts in this cake? would it affect much?
Hello! This cake sounds amazing and I want to use it for my boyfriend's birthday cake but I'm new to cake stacking and cake carving. Will this recipe work for both?
I just made this cake and mine came out gooey. What is the texture on this cake supposed to be like?
Login To Leave A Comment