1. Combine dry ingredients in large mining bowl and blend them together with large spoon or spatula.
2. Add remaining ingredients except the boiling water; beat a medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Remove fro mixer and stir in boiling water ( batter will be thin ).
4. Pour into two greased and floured 9″ cake pans or 1 13 by 9 inch pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes for layers and 35 to 40 minutes for the 13 by 9 pan.
6. Cool 10 minutes on rack, then remove from pans.
It’s chocolate, which has 1 gm of protein per 1 tblsp of cocoa and the recipe calls for 3/4 cups! Add the eggs and as far as I’m concern the cake is a great source of protein. We just won’t think about the calories!