I make these for hoildays and gifts. There are several easy steps, and the end result is great! There is a picture of them posted in my photos.
- 1 egg
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 16 caramels, unwrapped
- 3 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1 ¼ c. finely chopped pecans
- ½ c. semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tsp. shortening
- 1.Separate egg. Cover and chill egg white until needed. Set yolk aside.
- 2.In a large bowl, beat butter with mixer on med to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat well. Beat in the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla.
- 3.In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until well mixed. Wrap cookie dough in plastic wrap; chill about 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 4.Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside.In a small saucepan, combine caramels and whipping cream; heat & stir over low heat until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- 5.Beat the egg white with a fork. Place in a shallow dish. Place pecans in another shallow dish. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in egg white; roll in nuts to coat. Place balls 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- 6.Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Spoon some of the melted caramel into indention of each cookie. (Reheat caramel if necessary) Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- 7. In another small saucepan, combine chocolate pieces and shortening; heat and stir over low heat until smooth. Let cool slightly. Drizzle cookies with chocolate and let stand until set.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment