This mousse can be used as a filling for tarts as well as inside of a chocolate bag. It is very light and refreshing.
Orange Chocolate Mousse
- Heavy cream, soft whipped 16 oz.
- Sugar, granulated 6 oz.
- Water 2 oz.
- Egg whites 4 oz.
- Cointreau or Grand Marnier 1 oz.
- Orange oil 1/2 tsp.
- Semi-sweet chocolate 9 oz.
- 1. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks and set aside in a refrigerator.
- 2. Prepare an Italian Meringue using the sugar, water and egg whites. Once the meringue is cooled add the liqueor and orange oil.
- 3. Melt the chocolate to 130F (54C).
- 4. Add 1/2 of the soft whipped cream to the melted chocolate and whisk to a ganache.
- 5. In one step add all of the Italian meringue and fold together delicately with a balloon whisk. DO NOT OVERIX.
- 6. Use immediately.
For this recipe, would I be able to omit the chocolate and just end up with orange mousse? Then use it as a cake filling? Please let me know what you think. Thanks
Login To Leave A Comment