I just completed another successful order of cupcakes and love this frosting so much I just had to share it. I love the taste and consistency and also the fact that I can get all the ingredients at my local grocery store, no specialty shortening or chocolate.
|1/2 Cup||Butter (I use salted to help cat the sweetness)|
|1/2 Cup||Golden Crisco ( I have not tried with regular Crisco)|
|2 Cups||Confectioners Sugar|
|6 Ounces||White Chocolate ( I use Bakers), melted and completely cooled|
|1-3 Tablespoons||Heavy Cream|
1. Melt white chocolate, cool completely but do not let it re-harden. It just needs to be cooled to the point where if you stick your finger in it you feel absolutely no warmth.
2. Beat the butter, Crisco and confectioners sugar at low speed until fluffy.
3. Add in melted and cooled white chocolate until incorporated.
4. Add heavy cream, start with 1 tablespoon and add in more to achieve desired consistency.
5. Beat on high speed for 3-4 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally with a spatula.