I just completed another successful order of cupcakes and love this frosting so much I just had to share it. I love the taste and consistency and also the fact that I can get all the ingredients at my local grocery store, no specialty shortening or chocolate.
Amount Ingredient 1/2 Cup Butter (I use salted to help cat the sweetness) 1/2 Cup Golden Crisco ( I have not tried with regular Crisco) 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar 6 Ounces White Chocolate ( I use Bakers), melted and completely cooled 1-3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
1. Melt white chocolate, cool completely but do not let it re-harden. It just needs to be cooled to the point where if you stick your finger in it you feel absolutely no warmth.
2. Beat the butter, Crisco and confectioners sugar at low speed until fluffy.
3. Add in melted and cooled white chocolate until incorporated.
4. Add heavy cream, start with 1 tablespoon and add in more to achieve desired consistency.
5. Beat on high speed for 3-4 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally with a spatula.
Is it only 2 cups of P.S. or is it suppose to be 2 lbs.? Just double checking before I try it, I love white chocolate!
It really is only 2 cups.
Is golden crisco the buttered flavored?
Not sure if Golden Crisco is butter flavored. It is yellow and it has some kind of artificial flavor to it, but it does not say on it if it's butter. Here in Canada it's just called Golden Crisco, elsewhere maybe it's called Something else.
i tried this yesterday the taste was great, should have added extra ps to pipe better but still piped very nice will tye again witth more ps thk you for sharing
try also crisco golden is flavored butter
Login To Leave A Comment