This is a recipe that I got from my Mom, origin unknown. I use this all the time for parties and weddings, and everyone loves it. Some like to leave out the nuts or raisins. Has a great carrot taste without any chunks and is evenly flavored.
Ultimate Carrot Cake
- 2 C flour 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt 3 eggs (large)
- 1 tsp baking soda 8 oz crushed pineapple w/ juice
- 2C sugar 2 size 3 jars baby food carrots
- 2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 C raisins
- 2/3 C oil 1/2 C coconut
- 1/2 C chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, then add oil, eggs, pineapple and baby food carrots. Hand mix the coconut, raisins and nuts into the mixture. Spray and flour a set of 8 or 9 inch pans, then pour in batter.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
What is a size 3 jar?
Login To Leave A Comment