Using my mum’s buttercake recipe, I modified it to make this moist chocolate buttercake. Fill with choc buttercream or ganache and enjoy!!!
Chocolate Buttercake by Nati
- 250gms of margarine (not butter pls, margarine makes softer cake)
- 500gms of sugar
- 5 eggs (at room temperature)
- 510gms of self raising flour
- 90 gms of cocoa (I use Callebaut and Edlyn)
- 415mls of SOY MILK (this makes a BIG difference, dunno why, im sure the chemists out there can tell me why, but it makes a lighter and moister cake)
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- 2. Prepare a 9 inch square tin (3 inch high tin) by greasing and covering in parchment paper. I put a high collar, as the cake does rise a bit.
- 3. Sift flour and cocoa together until well integrated.
- 4. Beat margarine and sugar until light and creamy.
- 5. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- 6. Add flour alternating with soy milk. Beat well.
- 7. Bake in the oven for 1.5 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the center
- comes out clean.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment