Saw this cake, and it looked yummy â a âdoctoredâ cake mix!
You could easily swap out the yogurt flavor and jam flavour and do lemon yogurt, with strawberry jam; orange creme, with orange marmalade, etc., The possibilities are endless!
Raspberry Cream Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 6 oz raspberry yogurt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 2 boxes instant vanilla/white chocolate pudding mix (use the smallest box which has 4 1/2 cup servings)
- 1 3/4 cup half and half
- 1-16 oz container frozen whipped topping
Raspberry cream filling:
1/2 pint extra heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together â beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into two 8â³ round cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool cake before frosting.
- Mix the pudding mix and half and half together for one minute (or until the pudding is well dissolved). Fold in the whipped topping. Reserve 1 cup of whipping topping for piping.
- Filling ingredients
- Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the confectioners sugar -whip for an additional minute, fold in the jam.
- Assembling the cake.
- When cake is cool pipe a line of frosting (creating a dam) around the top outside edge of one cake layer.
- Spread raspberry cream filling inside the circle.
- Top with the next cake layer, frost all sides with frosting
- Pipe around the top with reserved frosting
- Top w/ 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment