My poppop loves pecans, caramel and cheesecake. So when he became ill and i wanted to create something special for him, I thought “let’s put it all together and create the (ultimate) cheesecake”, thus the Ultimate Turtle Cheesecake. It took me a few tries to get this the exact way I pictured. However, now the idea and recipe is down pat and it turs out fantastic everytime. If your love the candy “turtles” or know someone, this is a great gift or holiday cheesecake.
Ultimate Turtle Cheesecake
- - 1 & 1/2 pkg of honey graham crackers
- -1 cup of pecan halves
- -3/4 stick of unsalted butter
- -1 tbsp of cinnamon
- -1/2 cup sugar
- - 3tbsp of brown sugar
- -2 pkg of cream cheese
- -3oz of whipped cream cheese
- -4 tbsp caramel sauce
- -1 drop of cheesecake flavoring oil
- -1 tsp of vanilla extract
- -1 cup of sugar
- - 2 egg
- -2 tbsp of condensed milk
- -1 & 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark or semi sweet work best)
- -5 tbsp of consensed milk
- -handful of pecan halves
- CRUST: in a blender crush graham crackers and pecan halves. mix sugars and spices together and then add graham crackers and pecans. melt butter and stir until fully covered. add mixture to a greased pie pan and use a large spoon to form a crust. place a piece of wax paper on top and place in freezer while preparing the pie filling.
- FILLING: beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and cream cheese flavoring oil on low speed. slowly add eggs and 2 tbsp of condensed milk. in another bowl mix the remaining condensed milk and the caramel sauce until smooth and creamy. add half the cream cheese filling into the pie crust. add a few spoonfuls of caramel sauce and swirl with a butter knife. add the rest of the cream cheese batter and top with the left over caramel sauce. swirl the caramel slowly into the cream cheese to make a “twirl” effect. bake at 375 degrees for 50minutes (or until top is slightly brown).
- TOPPING: when cheesecake has cooled, melt chocolate over a pot of “almost boiling water”. add the condensed milk slowly to the melted chocolate, stirring constantly (to prevent burning). the chocolate and milk will mix to create a thick (but not too thick) fudge sauce. spread the topping onto the cheesecake and quickly crush the rest of the pecan halves that add the “final touch”. place cheesecake in fridge for at least 4 hours and enjoy!