This is a creamy tweak on fragglerock1′s caramel filling. It light and fluffy, but still has a strong caramel flavor and feel, and it lasts up to 5 days at room temperature. You can use it for cakes and cupcakes, enjoy!
1/2 C butter
1 C packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
6 T milk
1 C marshmallow fluff
6-8 C whipped non-dairy topping like Pastry Pride, Bettercreme or Cool Whip
1. Melt butter, stir in brown sugar and salt.
2. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat, add milk and return to heat. Bring to rolling boil, then remove from heat.
4. Add marshmallow fluff and stir until melted and incorporated.
5. Allow mixture to cool completely (room temp), then add it to the whipped pastry pride in your kitchenaid and whip until incorporated.
6. Refrigerate to set.
*Notes: I use 8 C Pastry Pride, but if you want a stronger caramel flavor you can use closer to 6 or even less, just tweak it as you want.