This is an old recipe that was past down to me. I make and serve it to my residents at the nursing home that I work at. It is very easy and has the best smell and taste (in my opinion).
Old Time Poundcake
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or 2 sticks of blue bonnett
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon vanillia extract
- Cream sugar and butter together.
- Cream in eggs one at a time.
- Disolve baking soda in buttermilk.
- Add flour and buttermilk to the mix alternating flour and buttermilk. Start with flour and end with flour. Add extracts at the end. Put in bunt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1hr 15 mins.
Wht size pan?Thanks
Login To Leave A Comment