A watermelon cake made with real watermelon!
Water Melon Cake
- 1 (2-layer package) white cake mix
- 1 small package mixed fruit gelatin powder
- 1-1/3 cups seedless watermelon cut from the center and cubed into 1-inch blocks
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan (or 9 x 13-inch cake pan).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake mix and gelatin powder until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat watermelon, egg whites, and vegetable oil until smooth. Add dry ingredients, half at a time, and mix until well-blended. Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake about 35 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature before frosting.
what kind of frosting would you use? would this work well for cupcakes?
Login To Leave A Comment