I got the recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor. It was the lemon-lime cake with pineapple curd and I adapted it somewhat. The lemon lime filling for the 7UP cake I got on here from amycake and I posted it under âfillingsâ here.
Again, it doesnât make the cake taste so much like â7UPâ but it gives it something extra that makes it really special!
7 UP Cake from cakemix
- * 1 package (18.24) ounces lemon cake
- * 1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
- * 4 large eggs
- * 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- * 1 can (12 oz.) 7UP 100% Natural
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Grease and flour your pans â the cake mix dr. calls for 3 9 in round cake pans, but I found it only made 6 cups of batter so choose pans that will work with 6 cups. (See Wilton for batter amounts for certain pans)
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, and root beer in a large mixing bowl. Blend w/ an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minutes. Stop and scrape down sides. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 to 3 more minutes. Batter should look well combined & thickned.
- I then made the crusting buttercream icing from this website â the one that uses butter & Crisco. For the lemon flavor, I just added a little bit of lemon juice in place of the vanilla.
- HAPPY BAKING!!!
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment