I needed a mocha filling for a cake a customer requested. I found this one (meant to sandwhich chocolate chip cookies together) which even my DH likes!
Mocha Filling (from Epicurious.com)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir chocolate chips, cream, and coffee granules in heavy saucepan over medium heat until chocolate melts and coffee dissolves. Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Using electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, and vanilla in bowl until blended. Beat in chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until beginning to firm, about 8 minutes. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. To use, let stand at room temperature until just soft enough to spread, about 2 hours.)
what kind of coffee granules? should it be instant or the other kind... Don't make coffee just drink it... so i have no idea.
sorry i just answered one of my questions. you said instant in the recipe. Im still not sure on what kind to use.
Easy and delicious!!!
Login To Leave A Comment