This is the best cake in the fall served warm with ice cream. It is also great anytime in the year. I have never had the first complaint about this cake. All you will hear is chewing and “yummy”.
Darn Good Caramel Apple Cake
- 2 1/2-3 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2-3 teaspoons of vanilla (I happen to love the taste)
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups of diced apples (good baking kind)
- 3 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream together sugar, eggs and oil. Add flour and mix together. Add vanilla, nuts, and diced apples. Spread into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake for 45-60 minutes. When cake is done poke holes in it and pour on the topping.
- Caramel Topping
- Heat all ingredients together. Bring to boil while stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes and pour over cake.