This is a very old and tasty Austo-Hungarian recipe.
- 10 egg whites
- 300 g castor sugar
- 300 g grinded walnuts
- 2TBS flour 00 (fine sifted bread crumbs can be used)
- 10 egg yolks
- 200 g castor sugar
- 50 g chocolate
- 250 g butter
- 3 TBS strong black coffee
- 1. Beat egg whites and sugar until firm peaks form, then add walnut and flour mixing carefully with wooden spatula. Spread this mixture on baking paper forming 5 even circles. Bake them on 180 Celsius for about 10 min. (depende on oven, after 5 min.in start watching them). Move them to cooling rack and let cool.
- 2. For filling mix egg yolks with sugar, then put them in Bain Marie, add chocolate, and keep stirring until become thick. Remove from fire, add coffee and let cool (cover with foil to prevent drying of top layer)
- 3. Mix butter until fluffy, and add spon by spon cold mixture (from section 2)
- 4. Spread this cream on baked and cooled walnut layers evenly forming a cake. Spread some on sides and top as well.
- 5. Garnish with Ganache icing
- 6. Garnish bottom end with roasted flaked almonds.
- 7. Bon Apetit!
100 g = 1679KJ
i made a similar cake but i use half and a half of pecans and almonds, i bake as one cake, and use a liquor bain then i frosting with ganache my family loves and we called cristal cake. its delicius, but i m going to try this too. thnks.
Login To Leave A Comment