I had a ton of cake scraps, and didn’t care for the cookie recipes that all needed oatmeal. I modified this recipe from a couple of others I had found.
Cake Crumb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 cups yellow cake crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingrediants except chocolate chips and nuts.
- Mix with paddle on low for 1 minute, until well blended
- Fold in chips and nuts
- Scoop onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper and bake for 10-13 minutes until golden brown.
- These also freeze very nicely. this also works with chocolate cake crumbs, and white chocolate chips!
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment