Linz is the name of a town in Austria. It’s a very famous cake.
- 150 g butter
- 250 g flour
- 150 g confectioners sugar
- 100 g roasted ground hazelnuts
- 1 egg
- vanilla flavour
- lemon flavour
- ground cinnamon
- 10 g baking powder
- 300 g red currant jam
- 1 additional egg
- Knead butter with sugar, add sifted flour, baking powder, hazelnuts, eggs, flavours and spices. Knead until dough is smooth.
- Wrap the dough in cellophane and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 4 parts. Take 3 parts knead them together and roll it out to fit in a 9″ springform. Put it in the greased springform and spread the jam on it.
- Form long sausages with the rest of the dough and create a border on the outer edge and a grid in the middle. Cover the grid and the border with an slightly beaten egg.
- Bake it for 40 minutes at 190° C.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment